Tableau Review

Tableau Prep is a useful integration feature because I can prepare data in simple ways without errors

What is our primary use case?

We use Tableau in my company because we are trying to add another revenue line because we use Quantrix modeler, which is a multi-internal spreadsheet to build our financial models. We had intended to deploy another step of our value chain for our customers, because it is simpler to view the data via Tableau instead of reading across tabs. It's an applet form that can improve the decision-making process.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the drag and drop, then the simplicity to build dashboards which allows us to provide more usable data to our customers. In this version of Tableau (the latest version), the most valuable feature is Tableau Prep, which is a useful integration because I can prepare data in simple ways without errors.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to include the Italian language, even if it's not a problem for me to use English, because the Quantrix modeler is only in English. I can also see there is Portuguese, Japanese, and Chinese, so why not Italian?

It is super stable.

It has a very high scalability.

I have not needed to use technical support.

The initial setup was very simple.

I did the implementation for my company.

The price is good. The price could be higher for the quality of software, so they revised the pricing in this version, and I agree with the price for top version. The top version costs about $70 per month, and the price is cheap for the quality.

I did try another platform, MicroStrategy. I spent one year and several webinars on both companies, Tableau and MicroStrategy. I decided to invest in Tableau because of its simplicity; it's more simple to understand and less complicated than MicroStrategy. With Tableau's infrastructure to build a dashboard, I found the perfect instrument.

I also had interest in QlikView, but it did not fit my requirements.

What other advice do I have?

I am very satisfied with it. I would recommend it.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Customer care quality
  • The learning instruments provided via webinars and YouTube videos to improve my skills as fast as possible.