Tableau Review

Friendly interface with mobile support helps us with data visualization and exploration

What is our primary use case?

We use Tableau and Tableau Server for data visualization. We have a Global Tableau Server used by five thousand users on a monthly basis, with fifty thousand email notifications and more than five hundred workbooks for sales, marketing, revenue management, and operations analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has improved the organization by allowing quick access to data visualization and data exploration. Also, it helped to have a global server used as a repository to see all of the reports in the same place.

What is most valuable?

The features that stand out in this solution are:

• Scheduled extract and the multiple connectors are fantastic.
  • Tableau Prep is fantastic.
  • Tableau mobile on the tablet is also great for operations and the field users.
  • "Ask Data" is good.

What needs improvement?

The performance could be better. At times, it can take up to one minute or more to open a workbook, which is very frustrating for the users.

Three to five years.

Stability is okay, although performance is slow on our side.

Our solution handles five thousand users per month.

Premium customer service and technical support are fantastic. Best in class!

We previously used Cognos and Power BI. We switched because with Tableau, you do not need IT support. Users can create their dashboard really quickly.

The initial setup was a bit complex, more so than expected. I would use a fully managed solution if I had the choice again.

Our in-house IT department implemented this solution.

The initial cost that is set according to CPU cores is expensive. You need to go with at least thirty-two CPU cores for five thousand or more users.

Before choosing this solution we evaluated Qlik, Domo, and Power BI.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is very good. Loved it and the employees also love how quickly they can create a workbook and share it. Overall, a great solution and a great team.