Tableau Review

Impressive visualization has helped to improve our presentations

How has it helped my organization?

Whereas we used to present statistics in a traditional way, we now have interactive web-based presentations.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are data discovery and fine visualizations.

What needs improvement?

The SQL programming functionality needs to be improved.

Seven years.

It is a very stable solution.

Ths scalability of this solution is good. It depends on your DW design, as opposed to limitations in Tableau. If your DW model is poor then Tableau is not miraculous.

Tableau does not have good technical support.

We previously worked with Qlik, but we switched to Tableau because of its visualization and simpler way of programming. Tableau is also good for data discovery.

The setup and support are not very expensive. In that way, it is not a complex technology.

We are a software consulting company and we have implemented tableau for more than ten clients.

We are a consulting company and do not track the ROI information for our customers.

Be careful with the Tableau Viewer's licenses, and stay with the right number of users.

Before choosing this solution we evaluated Qlik, BusinessObjects, and Oracle BI.

What other advice do I have?

Be careful with tableau support. Stay in touch with the professional partners because Tableau itself does not have the right number of developers or people for support.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Tableau Partner Babylone systems