Talend Data Management Platform Review

Good integration with lots of connections, a helpful community, and friendly support

What is our primary use case?

We use Talend to help our clients distribute their products.

It's a real ETL solution. You download data, transform it, and then you upload it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is integration. There are several connectors, there is a large community, and the solution updates often. It is always up-to-date.

What needs improvement?

Performance and speed could be improved.

They could improve on the scalability.

I have been using the Talend Data Management Platform for three or four years.

This solution is stable, although not the best. I'd say that it is great but not on the top.

It's scalable but they could use Docker to improve the scalability.

I have contacted technical support on occasion. It's great because you have the support and you have the community as well.

You create a ticket and intel is very open and reactive. They are friendly.

The initial setup is straightforward and not complex.

It did not take a lot of time to deploy.

Before choosing Talend, we evaluated DataStage and Informatica.

We decided to go with Talend because it has an open-mindedness to it. It's not a closed system, you have a great community and in France, where I live, it is the leader and there are many people who can do a good job using Talend.

What other advice do I have?

Talend is a good product and I recommend it. It is an open system, you have several connectors, it's evolved, and you are unlimited because of the great community. There are always people who may have had some of the same encounters and have found solutions to the same problems.

I am still learning this product myself, I have not yet used all of the features this product has to offer.

More Talend Data Management Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)