Talend Data Quality Review

Switch to Talend came natural - we were working on a custom data quality solution and encountered difficulty

What is most valuable?

Better control and flexibility to add/custom define features, to tailor to your needs by modifying its Java generated code.

How has it helped my organization?

While building Customer registry for a global hi-tech manufacturing firm few years back, to establish single view of customer across geographies, Talend data quality was used in conjunction with other tools to track and manage data quality metrics, with minimum investment. DQ Scorecards were published for daily updates to DMO(data management operations) and steering committee.

I’ve been part of defining and building similar solutions and been part of this specific solution involving Talend for close to an year.

Yes, and we did overcome the same by custom defining/development efforts.

Switch to Talend came natural since working on a custom data quality solution then and encountered difficulty managing the same.

An application dev/consulting firm supported with custom development efforts, not a Talend data quality vendor, intuitive UI and features of product helped the team to learn quickly and work on this platform.

We've evaluated multiple options including building/maintaining a custom solution. Cost, maintenance and custom development requirements were primary factors for choosing Talend.

What other advice do I have?

Account for Java developers/ custom development efforts apart from DQ functional/technical expertise, to use Talen DQ product to the fullest.
More Talend Data Quality reviews from users