Talend Open Studio Review

Easy to use, but the data management platform needs improvement and it needs better integrations

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for the solution depends on the customer, however, most likely in my case, the industry it would be under would be oil and gas.

What is most valuable?

The most interesting aspect of the solution for us is that Talend Open Studio has a good balance between the features and the cost of the data management platform.

It's easy to use Talend with our customers due to the fact that we can introduce and upsell clients to other kinds of subscriptions.

What needs improvement?

The solution's data management platform needs improvement. I like the data catalog, however, sometimes it requires other components.

The solution should offer better integration with other products.

I've been working with the solution in different projects for my customers probably for the last six years.

I don't know if there are any glitches or bugs on the system. I'm not sure if the solution is stable. I haven't heard any complaints or feedback from any of our clients.

I'm not sure how the scalability is on the solution. I personally have never tried to scale it. Our clients haven't mentioned having issues, although I don't know if they've tried to scale it out either.

We have about five people working with Talend directly in our organization.

I've never tried to contact technical support. I don't have any feedback as to the quality of their services.

I wasn't part of the initial setup. I'm not sure if the implementation was complex or straightforward.

The deployment part of the implementation was easy if I recall correctly. We had no problems there at all.

What other advice do I have?

We have a partnership agreement with Talend.

While I mostly use the on-prem deployment, for new opportunities, I'm beginning to move towards the cloud.

I would recommend this solution. I don't have an opinion about Talend in a big data environment, however. For example, we've got an Azure kind of environment. I don't have a clear idea if it is the best choice for those particular situations.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If it had better integration to ensure it was up to a government's required quality levels, I'd give it higher marks.

More Talend Open Studio reviews from users