Talend Open Studio Review

Open Studio for small companies works well but for larger ones, in-depth analysis of the costs & effort is needed

What is most valuable?

Easy to use, low learning curve, scalability, all basic features for ETL, price

How has it helped my organization?

It was a fundamental tool for the Data Warehouse development team. With Talend Open Studio, all the ETL process are documented and well implemented.

What needs improvement?

The Enterprise Version needs to be more similar to the Talend Open Studio. There are so many differences and so we needed time to learn and become familiar with the enterprise version, which was not so great for us.

1 year

Yes. First we use Talend Open Studio but afterwards we bought Talend Enterprise. We found that we need to create new team profiles. This was something that we had not predict before, the need to use the Talend Admin Center (TAC). We don’t have yet that yet and of course getting it requires effort, adds on costs and more time to develop.

Not yet

Not yet

Customer Service: Low here, at Mozambique.Technical Support: Low here, at Mozambique.

We used Microsoft Integration Services but due to budget restrictions and technical issues we prefer Talend.

Installing Talend Open Studio was easy, but you need support for the setup of the Enterprise version.

In-house.

Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services

What other advice do I have?

Don’t precipitate the acquisition of the Enterprise version. Using Talend Open Studio for small companies is enough, but for big companies analyze first very carefully the cost and effort to switch to Enterprise version.
More Talend Open Studio reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)