Talend Open Studio Review

User-friendly, good price, and useful for connecting to different databases

What is our primary use case?

I'm currently doing the research and testing it on my machine. Our use case is to extract or manipulate data from one database to another one in a structured form.

How has it helped my organization?

I am just testing this solution. It is too early to say whether it is helpful for our company. I am currently assessing it, and I will report my assessment to our management. If it is useful for our project, we will buy a license and use it in our projects.

What is most valuable?

I can connect with different databases such as Oracle Database or SQL Server. It allows you to extract the data from one database to another. I can structure the data by filtering and mapping the fields.

It is very user-friendly. You need to know the basics of SQL development or SQL queries, and you can use this tool.

What needs improvement?

In terms of features, it has all the features that I need. However, it consumes a lot of resources. It is using a lot of RAM, and they need to fix the issue related to resource consumption. It currently requires more than 24 gigabytes of RAM, which is a big amount of RAM.

I have been using this solution for two weeks.

I didn't open any cases with technical support. I would need a license from Talend to get support.

It was easy and user-friendly. Its deployment took around 20 to 30 minutes.

I didn't use a consultant.

The cost for one year for the ETL tools, not for the big data, is 6K per year. It is a good price.

I'm also assessing the Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) solution. I have to assess both Talend and ODI, and management will decide which one will be used. It seems like we can use both of these solutions. For example, for Oracle Database, we can use ODI, and for other databases, we can use Talend Open Studio.

What other advice do I have?

It is good for connecting to more than one source. I can manipulate the data from multiple sources. I can manipulate the data from different databases such as SQL Server or Oracle Database.

I would rate Talend Open Studio an eight out of ten.

7.3
More Talend Open Studio reviews from users
...who work at a Insurance Company
...who compared it with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
Learn what your peers think about Talend Open Studio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.