Talend Open Studio Review

Great for creating customized ETL jobs but sometimes is a little slow

What is our primary use case?

I'm a board member of our company and we are a customer of Talend. Our primary use case at the moment is working on data migration projects, migrating data from different databases and consolidating them.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to create custom ETL jobs. We're sold on the customization part of it.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the performance - it gets the job done but it can be a bit slow, but then it is a free product. For now, it does the job that we need and we're quite happy with it.

I've been using the solution for over a year.

In terms of stability, I find that from time to time, the memory is not enough. I think it's a hardware issue.

For now, our requirements aren't that big and we didn't buy the solution for that aspect of it. If we do need to scale, we'll just add another workstation for additional jobs.

We haven't availed ourselves of technical support yet so I don't know.

Setup was fairly simple, it took about half a day.

We used internet sources for implementation. Two of us worked on it and only one person is required for maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a seven out of 10.

More Talend Open Studio reviews from users