Tanium Review

Great security features but the solution lacks mobility

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for endpoint protection and, more particularly, the patching. We are integrators and customers of Tanium and I'm a channel director.

What is most valuable?

The security features are very valuable to us as is the fact that the solution is easy to use with a quick implementation time.

What needs improvement?

Our biggest issue with the solution is its lack of mobility. Also, when it comes to deploying the SaaS, it's more difficult to deploy on-prem.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The stability of the solution is good.

The solution is scalable. We currently have 1,500 mainly end users using this product. There are approximately 15 additional people working in the IT department that also use this solution.

I have never used the technical support so can't comment. The community is pretty good although there's not enough technical information available. The community's helpful for the day-to-day business.

We previously used SCCM and we moved to Tanium because of the number of platforms we can manage with Tanium which is much greater than SCCM offers. SCCM is only Microsoft and we needed to cover all the platforms such as Linux as well as others.

The initial setup was relatively easy. Installation and deployment took less than a week.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution for what it is, but not for what it is not. It's actually lacking one major feature and that is mobility which is very important. The lack of this software is why I wouldn't recommend Tanium but in terms of security, deployment and installation, the solution is fine.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

More Tanium reviews from users
...who compared it with BigFix
Find out what your peers are saying about Tanium, CrowdStrike, HCL and others in Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP). Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.