Tanium Review

We are able to go granular while looking at our network and users

What is our primary use case?

It's used at an enterprise level to monitor natural behavior and point behavior across the organization.

How has it helped my organization?

Tanium has made the process of detecting threats more proactive with its detection. So, the process is easier and more efficient.

The solution has helped to increase staff productivity. It has made the process a lot quicker.

What is most valuable?

Being able to go as granular while looking at our network and users. Also, getting as much detailed information on analytics, which is good.

What needs improvement?

• I would like to have more integrations and custom plugins to input. Integration is always a big deal in a lot of different environments.
  • Custom modules would be nice.
  • Visualization of data could be added to it.
  • Making the initial process easier always helps.

It is pretty stable and regularly maintained. Its updates are good.

It is pretty scalable. We use it on a pretty broad scale, so we have grown as the company's grown.

I don't deal with technical support directly.

It was pretty straightforward. I don't think it took that long to get it integrated.

From an efficiency and team perspective, we have seen a decrease in mean time to detect and respond to threats.

We look at what holes that we have in our system. The landscape is changing, and we look at what we could add to help improve detection and improve the visibility into our network more. So, based off of that, the team evaluates new products constantly. We try them out, then test them, and decide if they want to keep them.

We tested three or four solutions, going through one or two month trials. We chose this solution based on our testing, the scalability of our organization, and product cost.

What other advice do I have?

We use it pretty regularly on quite a large scale. I don't think I've heard anyone have any major complaints so far, just the little things.

We have been growing quite a bit, so we have been trying out bigger solutions. From a maturity standpoint, we have been bringing in new environments relatively quickly and adding to our existing ones. So, scalability has been a big deal for us.

Try it out. The best way to test any of these technologies is implement them with real data. See how your environment works with each network and compare them.