TeamCity Review

Useful to see how the build is progressing and how many tests are left to pass.

Valuable Features

• It's a very useful, intuitive tool to continuously deploy new builds
  • A clean user interface
  • It's very easy to use, even for non-build engineers
  • Ability to run automated tests as part of the build process
  • Easy to pinpoint issues with the detailed logs
  • Easy navigation
  • Useful to see how the build is progressing and how many tests are left to pass before the build is green

Improvements to My Organization

• Improved the quality of builds by running unit tests as part of every build
  • Reduced the risks of regression defects by running automated tests as part of the build process

Room for Improvement

The UI could be more structured, as it is so customisable it is quite easy to get lost around the screens.

Use of Solution

I have used this product for over six months now.

Only environment issues which caused failed deployments. Also, if people were connected to the database on the backend, the build would fail.

It seemed a very stable tool with hardly any downtime in the six months I was using it.

Not at all. In fact it was so stable we were able to add and create our own virtual environments each time we needed to deploy. This meant that each user had their own virtual environment, meaning nothing ever got overwritten.

I had no need for it as we had DevOps engineers who fixed any issues.

I used to use Jenkins in a previous job. I started using TeamCity when I changed jobs as that was the tool that was being used, but I preferred TeamCity to Jenkins.

It's fairly straightforward.

Implementation Team

It was implemented by an in-house team.

ROI

We used to deploy multiple times a day too many different environments. Also, we had offices in Australia who were using it when we were asleep! Effectively we were using this tool 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Other Advice

Do it! Very easy to use and very stable. A must have tool for any teams using agile methodologies.