What is most valuable?
- It's a very useful, intuitive tool to continuously deploy new builds
- A clean user interface
- It's very easy to use, even for non-build engineers
- Ability to run automated tests as part of the build process
- Easy to pinpoint issues with the detailed logs
- Easy navigation
- Useful to see how the build is progressing and how many tests are left to pass before the build is green
How has it helped my organization?
- Improved the quality of builds by running unit tests as part of every build
- Reduced the risks of regression defects by running automated tests as part of the build process
What needs improvement?
The UI could be more structured, as it is so customisable it is quite easy to get lost around the screens.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used this product for over six months now.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
Only environment issues which caused failed deployments. Also, if people were connected to the database on the backend, the build would fail.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
It seemed a very stable tool with hardly any downtime in the six months I was using it.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Not at all. In fact it was so stable we were able to add and create our own virtual environments each time we needed to deploy. This meant that each user had their own virtual environment, meaning nothing ever got overwritten.
How are customer service and technical support?
I had no need for it as we had DevOps engineers who fixed any issues.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I used to use Jenkins in a previous job. I started using TeamCity when I changed jobs as that was the tool that was being used, but I preferred TeamCity to Jenkins.
How was the initial setup?
It's fairly straightforward.
What about the implementation team?
It was implemented by an in-house team.
What was our ROI?
We used to deploy multiple times a day too many different environments. Also, we had offices in Australia who were using it when we were asleep! Effectively we were using this tool 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What other advice do I have?
Do it! Very easy to use and very stable. A must have tool for any teams using agile methodologies.