TeamCity Review

What is most valuable?

VCS Trigger: Provides excellent source control support. Able to customize a feature with the specific conditions we want. For example, if we wanted only a specific branch to trigger a build, we can do that.

How has it helped my organization?

Automatic VCS Triggers, MSTest, and NUnit integration made our workflow much faster and efficient. It just felt more mature and everything was working as we expected.

What needs improvement?

The upgrade process could be smoother. Upgrading major versions can often cause some pain.

Three to five years.

We did not encounter any serious issues with stability so far.

No issues with scalability. When we needed more agents, we simply used pre-configured machines and quickly installed the agent on them.

Great tech support with quick response times.

TFS, back at the time TFS carried too much overhead for us. So, we looked for a better solution out there. When we discovered TeamCity, it totally speeded up our workflow. TeamCity's configuration and ease of use are way better compared to TFS, which eventually saved us a lot of time.

One of the things I liked about TeamCity. It is very easy to install and maintain.

Start with the free tier for a few build configs and see how it works for you, then according to your scale find the enterprise license which fits you the most.

Jenkins, but it was not mature enough and did not meet our needs at that time.

What other advice do I have?

It really is dependent on your product needs. Do market research and see the pros and cons versus open source or any other solutions out there.

1 visitor found this review helpful