TeamSupport Review

Stable, easy to install, and cost effective, but it needs better integration and data management

What is our primary use case?

We are using it as a technical support incident management for our external customers. We use it internally to track for incident management. We use it for the customer portal and reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to manage our customer's incidents for trouble tickets.

What is most valuable?

The two most valuable features are the portal and reporting.

They're basic and they're basic requirements too. The functionality is basic, but those are minimal requirements for us.

What needs improvement?

It needs better integration with other tools like Jira. Better reporting and better data management are also needed.

I believe the way they're structured is the flat file. So it'd be better if they actually used a database for the data storage, and a more robust portal.

I would like more flexible reporting.

I have been using this solution for one year, but the company has been using it for three years.

It's a hosted solution.

We are using this solution very extensively and the stability is fine. It's good.

The scalability is not good. We have 30 agents and we are supporting approximately 3000 customers.

The agents are what we are paying for, and the customers come through the portal. Customers are not full agents.

Technical support is okay. I would rate them a seven out of ten.

They're very responsive and they're knowledgeable of the product.

Previously, we were using Jira.

Jira has that help desk function, but it's mainly a workflow tool. It doesn't really offer a customer view of the tickets. So, it's not really an incident management tool. It's more of a workflow management tool.

Jira is a good product, but I just think as a service desk tool, it's not designed for it.

The initial setup was relatively straightforward. It's a pretty straightforward, basic tool. There's not a lot of complexity to it.

It took two months to deploy. It takes two people to deploy and maintain.

We did not use an implementor or consultant.

Absolutely, we have seen a return on our investment.

It gave us the functionality we were looking for. It allows us to track our incidents in a manageable way and to be able to better communicate with our customers. So it's worth the cost.

The price is approximately $70 per agent, per month.

We are currently looking at other products to switch to.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very cost-effective solution, but it's not robust.

If the price is a concern, this is a good tool. If you're looking for more functionality, it's not a great tool. You get what you pay for. Again, it's a good tool but it's limited.

It has limited integration functionality and it has limited reporting, but I don't think it advertises itself to be anything more than it is.

It's a lower-cost product, and it does what it says it will do.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More TeamSupport reviews from users
...who compared it with JIRA Service Management
Find out what your peers are saying about TeamSupport, Atlassian, ServiceNow and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.