TeamViewer Review

Very helpful for tech support with good stability and scalability

What is our primary use case?

TeamViewer is for desktop support. It's for giving remote support to users. If I was a member of tech support, for example, I could access your desktop remotely to see your screen, keyboard and mouse. I'd be able to access it from anywhere in the world and I can control it just as if I was sitting in front of your system.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allows for remote tech support that has the capability for us to see a user's screens. We can do this from anywhere in the world. We don't need to be in the room with a user to help them.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a very helpful tech support application. If you need help, the tech support can use the application to help you right on your desktop.

They have these options of TeamViewer such as Augmented Reality so that you can draw on it and you can ease somebody into a process, or assist somebody in doing some actions. They can also integrate that into the Pilot TeamViewer. Right now, they use it as a separate thing. They originally introduced it under Microsoft Hello and it should be integrated into the TeamViewer Pilot version soon.

The product is quite stable. The performance is good.

We've found that the scalability is excellent.

What needs improvement?

They should release features such as Augmented Reality into both plain and standard versions of TeamViewer. Nowadays, you have to wait for another release, or another product version while Augmented Reality features should just be integrated into the standard version of TeamViewer.

The product could be less expensive. There are many similar products that are free these days.

I've been using the solution for well over ten years. It's been more than a decade. I have a lot of experience with it.

The solution has very good stability. The performance and reliability are very high. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability of the solution is very good. A company shouldn't have any issues with scaling.

Just the administrators, like myself, have access to the solution. Everybody else gets support through the product via us.

We do plan to continue to use the service.

We've never actually reached out the technical support. I can't speak to their level of helpfulness or responsiveness when it comes to troubleshooting issues.

I have previously used TightVNC and UltraVNC. UltraVNC was one of my favorites. Most of the free open-source products are quite good.

The installation process is pretty plain and simple. It's not complex at all. A company shouldn't have any issues with the implementation.

It's simple software to install. There is no cloud or anything. The ID is maintained by the cloud, however. When we install the product, it also creates a unique ID. That unique ID is maintained in the cloud maybe, however, we don't do anything with that as they maintain it. The ID is unique to your system.

There is tech support application as well which is just small and easy. You just need to download it and it works for the one time whenever you want it.

There isn't a need for dedicated maintenance. It's pretty simple to use.

There is a subscription option for licensing the product.

The price could always be a bit less.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution at this time.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would rate the solution at an eight. We've been very happy with the solution over a number of years. It's always been helpful.

I would recommend the solution, however, I'd be happier with the product overall if they could lower their prices.

More TeamViewer reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with LogMeIn Pro
Learn what your peers think about TeamViewer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.