TeamViewer Review

Feature-rich, stable, and good support, but not a collaborative tool and requires a client to be installed for remote support

What is our primary use case?

It is generally used for remote control for remote support.

What is most valuable?

It is fairly feature-rich and stable.

What needs improvement?

I didn't like the fact that you had to install a client for remote support. If you didn't install the client, you were very limited in terms of what you could do. For a whole enterprise, it is just not an easy task to install a client on everything. Even if you're using SCCM, it is an undertaking. For transient clients that you don't necessarily support a hundred percent of the time, it would be nice to be able to connect to them and support their issues without having to install something on their machines.

In my previous company, we were looking at this solution as being a collaborative tool for the enterprise in terms of video conferencing, calling, and scheduling. They were working on bringing a bunch of products together to make their suite a little more integrated, but it really wasn't at the point where we wanted it to be in terms of integration. We looked at it, reviewed it, and tested it out a bit. We then decided to go with Microsoft Teams.

It has the clunkiness of having separate modules that aren't totally integrated. There are different methods for doing different things, which makes it a little bit more complicated. There should be the same way whether you are doing remote support or just calls.

I have used it on and off for a number of years.

It has always been really stable.

I believe it is scalable, but the caveat is installing the client.

In one of the organizations, we used it for a health system, and we were supporting 16 hospitals. More recently, I used it in a small engineering architecture firm, and we supported a couple of hundred people through six different offices.

Their tech support is really good. They were always very helpful. I would give them a ten out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

If you're going to go with TeamViewer, I would recommend going all-in on their suite of tools instead of trying to do a hybrid model because you always get into trouble with hybrid models for collaboration tools. I believe that integration is the key. The fewer tools you have out there, the less you have to support. Your infrastructure is also less complicated.

I would rate TeamViewer a seven out of ten.

More TeamViewer reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with LogMeIn Pro
Learn what your peers think about TeamViewer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.