TeamViewer Review

The "actions" to send keyboard commands, remote reboot, chat, and the settings are the valuable features.

What is most valuable?

I think "actions" to send keyboard commands, remote reboot, chat, and the settings. They are the most valuable because many technicians will tell you how they've encountered problems finishing work on a system and can't complete it because they can't remote back in without assistance from someone physically onsite. The same goes for keyboard commands, as I can use "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and other commands which has helped me to save time and energy traveling to site.

What needs improvement?

The one area which needs improvement for both the standalone and enterprise versions would be "inter-operability" between versions. For all the features it offers why isn't it able to work with using backward compatibility. As if one system is using a newer version than mine, I cant connect. If I have a newer version, it may not allow me to connect. For the level of use this app has, this in my opinion shouldn't be an issue. It's possible the app has some inner workings and other advanced features I have not used or tried.

I have used TeamViewer independently via my own personal account starting circa 2009 and have on occasion used it in its enterprise form for nearly the same time.

I've performed a deployment.

I have never had to contact customer support for any connection issues. I have been able to resolve the issues myself as it. Normally any issue simply requires someone to be onsite to restart the service and ensure TeamViewer was on and running correctly.

I have previously worked with RescueMe, formerly LogMeIn and Bogmar. I believe that this is the only utility that allows chat, file transfer, "screenswapping", remoting in, and inviting attendees to a meeting.

I assumed there was no way to setup without obtaining the 'users' approval. As I continued to learn it, I was able to delve into its features and taught myself, although I've still not tried nor completely worked out the "LAN-Wake Up" feature.

What other advice do I have?

I would note that if you're working for/from an enterprise standpoint, two imperatives would be to ensure all clients are running the same version. My other advice would be to assign an individual to maintain the "alias" names of all connected systems and/or groups. In the past I have frequently had to go into properties and modify the information. Similarly, I've had issue connecting to users as that information wasn't updated and it slowdowns work if you then have to resolve this first.

More TeamViewer reviews from users