TeamViewer Review

You can save remote machines to your account. Once logged in to the product, all saved machines are just a double-click away. It times out; I would like it to not time out at all.

Valuable Features:

Easy-to-save access to remote machines: TeamViewer allows you to save machines to your account, which allows you to remote into a machine with ease. Once logged into TeamViewer, all of the machines that are saved to your account are on the right side and you are able to remote into them by double-clicking on them.

Simple connection method.

Ability to transfer files from and to remote machines.

Improvements to My Organization:

It allows for easier after-hour server updates/upgrades without requiring to go on site.

Room for Improvement:

I would like it to have the ability to stay connected for longer times. Current and previous releases seem to time out after long periods of remote access. I am not sure what the timeout is set to. I would like it to not time out at all. I sometimes need to stay remoted into machines for a few hours to diagnose problems and I have been kicked out when the current timeout period expires.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for over six years.

Deployment Issues:

I have only run into issues on a few machines while installing the software, but it was never because of the software.

I have only called to add a user license and it was a quick call.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it in-house.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Pricing is on par with competitors, but still a bit high for what the service actually is.

Other Solutions Considered:

I currently have to use LogMeIn and GoToAssist for certain machines. Both of these pieces of software fall short in many ways compared to TeamViewer.

More TeamViewer reviews from users