TeamViewer Review

Two of us use it to manage about 500 machines.

What is most valuable?

• Unattended Remote Access
  • Collaboration with partners with all communication channels available at the same time

How has it helped my organization?

There are only two of us in the core of the company and we manage about 500 machines based in the UK, mainland Europe, US, Hong Kong, China and South Africa.

What needs improvement?

ITBrain should be embedded in the product and not an expensive add-on.

We have possibly been using it since TeamViewer 1.x; most certainly, since version 2.x.

We have only rarely encountered stability issues, and when it does happen, it can often be attributed to the state of the remote machine.

Once again, we have only occasionally encountered scalability issues; not often enough to worry us.

We hardly have to use technical support. When I have in the past, they have been very good: prompt, professional and usually accurate.

We previously used many solutions, such as VNC Viewer, and had so many issues, as the software was never designed to be so dynamic and was resource hungry.

For IT professionals… installation is a doddle!

I think it’s a top product, but due to our company size, we find the pricing heavy… Nevertheless, as long as it remains number one, we have to grumble and get on with it.

Once we tested it and used it ‘in anger’, there was no need to look elsewhere. We started on the free versions that were available at the time. As we became more and more reliant on the product, with increased collaboration, the need to up the level of the product became apparent. Which product version to buy was the only option under consideration.

What other advice do I have?

Test it first and determine whether it’s the right technical product for your company, then evaluate your cost options and if they agree, go for it.

More TeamViewer reviews from users