TeamViewer Review

Provides easy-to-use and very capable remote meeting functionality

What is our primary use case?

I am using it more for meetings with my colleagues who happen to be at another worksite. I am using the meeting functionality more often now, compared to the remote-control functionality which I used more often previously.

I use it on a Windows PC.

What is most valuable?

It's pretty easy to use. Just key in an ID and password and connect. For meetings, just enter the meeting ID and connect.

What needs improvement?

If were to I put myself in the seat of a small business owner, I would prefer TeamViewer to be more of a pay-once-and-own-it solution, rather than paying via a subscription model (although I am using the free version). Only annual subscriptions are available. It makes paying for it the first time seem a little daunting.

It also renews automatically, annually, and you are only allowed to cancel it by applying for the cancellation 28 days in advance through a support ticket. They should really tend to that.

I have been using TeamViewer for a very long time. Previously, I used it as a personal tool to log in to my parents' or friends' computers to help them troubleshoot issues. About a year ago, I started looking for an alternative to using Skype for video meetings. In the end, I found TeamViewer’s meeting solution to be pretty smooth and suitable for use in China. I have been using that functionality, occasionally, for about a year.

The solution is very stable.

I haven't used technical support.

We were previously trying to use Skype for Business for meetings. It did not work very well in China so we had to find something else.

In my opinion, the setup was not that complicated. I found it more difficult setting up the local Chinese version of Skype for Business. When I got the company to install TeamViewer instead, they found it much easier to register and connect.

It took just a few minutes of downloading, installation, and registration on the site and it was good to go.

The price is reasonable. However, it doesn't seem that anybody in my company wants
to spend.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to try it for free first.

For security reasons, we do not have an IT department that connects to the main IT infrastructure in our parent companies. So we have to come up with our own solutions at minimal costs.

At the moment, I only have three close colleagues using it in my organization. They are all on the technical side. We discuss engineering solutions and procedures during our meetings.

I have always felt that TeamViewer is extremely capable software and, in my many years of using its remote connection service, it has never let me down.

More TeamViewer reviews from users