Tektronix Oscilloscopes Review

I can take my lab to customers by accessing their domain and showing them signals

What is our primary use case?

I do everything with this product. I categorize and test. It can be online on the cloud in the lab, allowing us to see what the data conditions are. It has an automatic extracting level.

I use most of the high end digital scopes that I like, because they have a lot of features for software user interfaces, captures, or shared transit control. The user friendliness of these boxes is very useful.

How has it helped my organization?

When you have a very high-level interface (test boxes), you can do extractions in any format. Then, externally, you have all these math labs solving for mathematical software. Afterwards, you can take it beyond. That is what the box does for you, it obtains the signal. Then, you can search for other things in the signal that you want beyond the scope, e.g., spectral stuff with the data.

We like that Tektronix offers a user interface and data acquisitions in formats which we can take to the next level.

When we connect Tektronix through our test boxes, that is the internet of things, because I have reached the Internet through the box. My engineers are not in the lab all the time, so they just hook it up, then we go to the office. We are reaching our test sites through the boxes where we extract our data while staying in the office doing our analysis.

I could access a customer domain in Asia and show them the signals. They don't need to be in my laboratory. In the past, I had to invite my customers to my lab. Now, I can take my lab to customers. It is a different reality.

What is most valuable?

It has digital scopes with a high bandwidth and digitized signal. It can do whatever you want with the signal. Since its user-friendly software allows you to work with the signal, which is pretty cool.

It has a very good interface. There are fewer buttons, even though their boxes are very heavy in analog.

What needs improvement?

Their hardware piece for their test engagement boxes builds on its own. The chips from some of the ICs technically build it themselves. Then, they look for a market for ICs from high end analog to augment their solutions. It is important for Tektronix to own the digitizer chips in the ICs and roadmap.

Tektronix should continue to invest in their own hardware, since most companies cannot do what they do due to size and power. They should continue to invest on their own process going forward.

I am not utilizing the full bandwidth of this product. However, Tektronix is organizing the buttons, menus, etc., so it's not cluttered and user-friendly.

More than five years.

Their technical support and help line are good. It is backed up by a very good user interface. Otherwise, I would just be burying myself in manuals unsure of the questions to ask technical support when I called.

Their scopes are fancy to me, since I used to use tube scopes before, but I like them because I can do a lot of different things with them than in the past. I still use my 30-year-old scopes, but Tektronix Oscilloscopes are useful. You just have to adapt to them.

The prices are compatible with what they offer. Going forward, I would like them to become more competitive and dominant with their pricing in the market.

What other advice do I have?

They are closer to 4G in the applications space.