Tektronix Oscilloscopes Review

Multi-channel, with bandwidth filtering, it helps reduce my testing time

What is our primary use case?

Debugging is our primary use case for the product. We use it around 500 megahertz, maybe one gigahertz, but we're not implementing any serial links. The signals we measure are clocks and data. For the most part we're measuring between FPGAs and memory chips and looking at their data buses. We're not usually utilizing the full bandwidth.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps to reduce my testing time.

What is most valuable?

• It's multi-channel, four-channel
  • The frequency range that I can run it over
  • It has bandwidth filtering
  • The user interface is good, I don't have any complaints with it

What needs improvement?

I know you can get the Bit Masks but it's generally really expensive to get the eye diagrams and Bit Masks with it. I wish they were included or cheaper.

I have not needed technical support. I had a broken fan once and I just sent it back and it came back.

What other advice do I have?

It's pretty intuitive after you've used any scope. It's relatively easy. I like to use it and it does what I need it to do.

For what I use it for, it works perfectly well for me. Our solution is field-upgradable, but it's good the way it is for us.

I would rate the product at eight out of ten. I don't usually find that the scope is holding me back from finding out what I need to.