Tektronix Oscilloscopes Review

Enables us to validate electronics designs and to use it for debugging and prototyping

What is our primary use case?

We use several models for validation of electronics designs, for particle physics, or for medical applications. It's a debugger and for prototyping. For us, the solution is mostly targeting 6G. We are measuring data transfer applications, mostly; data links and transference stability. We don't utilize the full bandwidth.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the quality. Also, the Ipath and measurements are fantastic and simple to implement.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a lower price.

More than five years.

We haven't needed much technical support. And when we have needed it, we have a very good contact person. He always responds fast. But it's not usual for us to need him.

The problem is that the products are expensive. But we know academics get a big discount so I cannot complain much. We are in the academic world, so it's nice.

We also have Keysight and LeCroy. There are always competitors. In terms of demos, at the large companies, they will bring the equipment to them for testing.

What other advice do I have?

We would definitely recommend this product.

There is an ongoing learning curve. They exponentially increase the number of functions. I don't think I ever use 80 percent of the functionality. I probably use only 20 percent of the functions. The user interface is complicated when you first start it up, but then you get used to the sequences.

Our solution is field-upgradable up to 10 gigahertz.

I would rate the product at nine out of ten. A ten is never achievable. There is always room for improvement.