Tektronix Oscilloscopes Review

Good user interface helps us with circuit debugging and signal analysis

What is our primary use case?

We're mostly using high-speed network analyzer models, but then we have some low-speed signal integrity work that we do as well. We use the product for circuit debugging and signal analysis. For us, the product targets high-speed serial applications. It's fantastic.

We use it to support IoT development as well.

I'm not personally utilizing the full bandwidth of the product but there are other people who are using it to the full bandwidth. It's working well for the stuff that's meant for high-speed.

What is most valuable?

It has a good user interface. It's easy to use, easy to read. It's intuitive. The easier it is to use, the quicker you can get your job done, figure out what's wrong and move on. Ease of use is really the key.

What needs improvement?

If they could make the user interface even more intuitive that would help. If they could make it easier to read, to know where the buttons are, that's all I need.

More than five years.

The technical support is great. They come in, they show us how to use it. If we have questions, they'll give presentations.

It's cost-effective. The company buys whatever we need to buy. It really isn't a matter of cost. It might cost a lot of money, but if we need it we buy it.

What other advice do I have?

There isn't so much of a learning curve. They'll come in and give you training for whatever kind of toy you want to use. The learning curve is fine.

The solution is field-upgradable. We have upgraded several modules as we have needed to. We'll buy the baseline and if something comes up, we'll upgrade.