Tektronix Oscilloscopes Review

Works at both high and low frequencies and has an excellent user interface

What is our primary use case?

We use Tektronix instruments for testing and measuring instruments. We use them in a broadcasting video technology, for video and video applications, to measure CD waveforms and other testing processes. We use them in almost every testing instance for automated design and research. We measure RF, video, and sometimes audio. We are utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

What is most valuable?

The latest trend is that you can store things and then you can see them. And they work at high frequencies and low frequencies.

Also, the user interface is excellent. The GUI is so self-explanatory and there are the same knobs everywhere; the design is a standard design line. Tektronix has been in the industry now for 50 or 100 years. These are very good scopes.

What needs improvement?

The ruggedness could be improved.

More than five years.

Tech support is excellent.

From the beginning, I've been using the same vendor's products, although different models.

The pricing is not too high and not too low.

What other advice do I have?

Regarding a learning curve, if you are an engineer, it wouldn't take that much time. You could probably learn it in a couple of days.

I would rate the products at eight out of ten because of the design, performance, the ruggedness, and the ease-of-use for the layman. All those things put together make it an eight.