Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes Review

We are able to capture the transient domain accurately. I would like them to add more post processing capabilities.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for testing IT files. We are testing files for memory read or write (or other scenarios), but mostly it is on the platform, test package, of both.

The bandwidth is up to 10 gigabytes per second for the oscilloscope because we are testing high speed signals.

I'm not a frequent user. Sometimes we use the oscilloscope for measurement. It depends on product and what testing that we are trying to do.

I have used oscilloscopes since I was a Bachelor's student, where we used different types of oscilloscopes.

How has it helped my organization?

A common practice: We use oscilloscopes to test for how many transient view forms there are and what the transient response for memory read or write process is. We want to ensure that we all meet all the specs for our product design. Therefore, it's definitely beneficial to use oscilloscopes.

Going forward, we definitely want to do more measurements to validate how our product works.

What is most valuable?

We are able to capture the transient domain accurately. There are some technical features where you can do FFT, and do a little post processing.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to add more post processing capabilities (e.g., with new product specifications).

Our solution is field upgradable.

For memory interface, we are probably not using the full bandwidth. However, for the high speed interface, we definitely want more bandwidth.

For technical support, we can call online or send an email, which is good.

If we have issues, we will send the oscilloscope for validation or to be fixed. We have someone who deals with these type of issues. We haven't found too many issues for it yet.

If a new product becomes more capable and has a competitive price, then it is possible we might switch to a new brand. We would do demos and validation to see the functionality along with all types of evaluations before buying a product.

What other advice do I have?

It meet our basic needs. Since we do a lot of post processing when we download our waveforms to our computers, we need more post processing capabilities.

If you have used oscilloscopes before, no matter the brand, it's probably easy to learn. The panel may be different, but it's easy to ramp up on the new model.

This user interface is good. Most of the oscilloscopes that I have used have good user interfaces.

The application space that we are using the solution to target is mostly high-speed signaling or memory interface.

I would encourage people to use it and get some experience to see how they feel using it and how they like it.