Teledyne LeCroy Oscilloscopes Review

It has helped me to improve my design on PCIe PETracers, but I need more technical details on what each packet represents

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for debugging PCIe PETracers. We are using it to measure PCI Express signals.

We are using it to support connect devices in enterprise products.

How has it helped my organization?

Checking how many errors were on the channel by using the protocol analyzer has helped me to improve my design on PCIe PETracers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the Protocol Analyzer for protocol testing.

The user interface is good, neat, intuitive, and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like more technical details on what each packet represents and more information on the flow.

The protocol side needs more improvement.

We are not using the full bandwidth of the product.

It's not field upgradable.

The technical support helped me go over the Protocal Analyzer, analyzing the PCIe PETracers, etc. I have been satisfied working with them.

There was a learning curve for a few days, but the support guys helped me to analyze the tracers.

When we did an evaluation of vendors, Teledyne was first among of them, then Keysight.

We did demos, where I learned how to use the products.

What other advice do I have?

Teledyne is pretty good because they cover all the technical webinars. Also, they give a lot of seminars.

The application space that we are using the solution to target is high-speed serial. For PCIe 3.0, we are looking at the PCIe add-on card with the analyzer in-between.