Tenable.io Vulnerability Management Review

Stable with a straightforward setup and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for on-premises monitoring. We use it to monitor the servers in our organization.

How has it helped my organization?

For most of the updates, Windows updates, et cetera, the service will let us know when we shouldn't apply an update due to the fact that there's some missing code, for example. It gives us great insights into security risks.

What is most valuable?

The vulnerability scanning has been great as it's helped us to define some issues around the updates of some things, and some items surrounding services we need to take care of.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

The solution has been very stable and quite scalable.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard and the main panel could be better. It's lacking right now. Sometimes it's hard to find what you need in the menus. There needs to be better dashboard navigation.

There needs to be more curation of core knowledge.

The documentation was hard to find. It's not all in one place. It's kind-of all over. You have to work to seek it out.

I can't recall any features that are lacking. I can't think of any additions we'd like to see in the next release.

I've been using the solution for six months at this point. This has occurred within the last year. It hasn't been that long.

The stability is very good. I haven't had any issues with it. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability of the solution is very good. If a company needs to expand it out, it can do so with relative ease.

We have a few network engineers that work with the solution directly.

I can't speak to any plans in terms of increasing usage. it's not something that we've discussed.

I've never directly dealt with technical support. I can't speak to how knowledgeable or responsive they are.

I've read a lot of documentation and whitepapers on the product. However, they were not concentrated in one place. I had issues teaching down details about the product.

We did previously use a different solution, however, we've found Tenable to be much better.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. It's not complex. It was very easy to create an account

The deployment itself only took one day. It was quite fast.

We have four people on staff that are knowledgeable enough to handle deployment and maintenance.

We handled everything ourselves. it was all online and very simple. We didn't need the assistance of a consultant or reseller.

I don't handle the licensing aspects of the solution. I'm not aware of the costs involved.

We potentially looked at Qualys and Rapid7 before ultimately choosing Tenable.

I cannot control the main difference.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall. We're mostly very happy with its capabilities.

More Tenable.io Vulnerability Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Qualys VM
Learn what your peers think about Tenable.io Vulnerability Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.