Tenable.io Web Application Scanning Review

Good reporting and integration, but it needs a user-friendly dashboard

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Tenable.io to scan all of our assets to identify vulnerabilities and determine risk percentages for each.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the reporting, which provides a good level of detail with respect to vulnerabilities.

This solution integrates well with other products.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if there were a dashboard that is more user-friendly.

We had some trouble integrating with ZeroNorth that required we contact technical support. This is an area that could be improved.

We are currently running several different scanners and it would be nice to see all of them in one place. For example, Tenable.io is used for assets, whereas we have different solutions for mobile and websites. Having all of these integrated into a single dashboard would be helpful.

I have been using Tenable.io for more than a year.

In general, we do not have problems with stability. We did have an instance where the agents went down, but problems only occur once in a while.

The scalability is decent and has not been a problem. We have approximately 50 users.

If this solution continues to work well then we will gradually increase usage to cover all of our assets.

The technical support is responsive and they worked on our problem quickly. That said, it depends on how quickly support is needed. The SLA is one or two days, although that depends on the agreement.

When we contacted support during the integration with ZeroNorth, our agents went down and it took a week to come up again. I think that the response and resolution time from technical support could be improved, which would lead to less downtime.

Overall, I would say that they are responsive.

The pricing is okay.

We evaluated several other products using a proof of concept for each. Tenable.io did well in comparison.

What other advice do I have?

For assets, this is a good product and I recommend it. We have done some other PoCs and in comparison, I think Tenable.io did well.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud