Tenable.io Web Application Scanning Review

Multi-faceted solution that offers good replication testing and vulnerability assessment

What is most valuable?

Our customers adopt this solution because of the replication testing and the vulnerability assessment it can do. It is a multi-faceted product.

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to add intervening proxy, whereby you can alter the get/put requests. It is fully automated. Other web application testers programs are actually proxy software, and the proxy software gives you the flexibility of modifying the outgoing traffic packets which will actually help you in exploiting any vulnerability in detail.

It is quite stable. We haven't had any bugs.

There is no need to scale, because generally the customers, whenever they scan their applications, they generally take a couple of applications at a time. And Tenable.io is already cloud instituted so you don't have to worry about that aspect.

I never needed to contact support. It is very easy to understand and easy to configure.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

To make it a ten, I would like for there to be more flexibility for the testers.

Find out what your peers are saying about Tenable Network Security, PortSwigger, Checkmarx and others in Application Security. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.