Tenable Nessus Review

Easy to setup, and allows you to migrate applications safely to the cloud

What is our primary use case?

We are a company that provides cloud migration services. We help companies to migrate to the public cloud. When our customers want to migrate applications, they're worried about the security aspect in the cloud. So we are trying to see how the application security that is on-premises can be migrated to the cloud.

We don't have any particular solution, we are working with a few options. The customer selects what best suits their needs. If we have a program, we work with that.

It's not specific to what we are working with.

What is most valuable?

We have done code scanning for a long period because as a company, we do DevOps as part of our development life cycle. We like scanning the ports and security as well as application-level security.

What needs improvement?

Some of our customers are operating on the cloud as well as on-premises.

We would like to have the option of using the solution for the cloud as well as on-premises with the same license at the same time. That would be very helpful.

We have used this solution for three or four projects in the last two years.

We are always working with the latest version.

The stability varies on the version that you are using.

We have not had any problems with stability with what we are using. It's been stable and we have never been faced with any stability issues.

We have used this for an enterprise cloud application, which is much smaller with hundreds of users. It's pretty scalable. We have not had any challenges so far.

I don't know the limits of scalability because we haven't trialed it fully. But for the enterprise application that we use, we didn't find any issue with scalability.

We have contacted technical support, once or twice when we have had issues with respect to some plugin related clarification.

There are times where the solution doesn't work out of the box, and we have to install some plugins. We needed some assistance with this.

They are good, but the response resolution takes a bit of time. It would say that it's still within an acceptable response time. Within a few hours, they will get back to you with a solution.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

When we use the scales we find it to be easy.

In our experience a complete deployment and start-up, it takes only a few hours.

What other advice do I have?

In some cases, we deploy on-premises because the customer is still evaluating the readiness to go to the cloud.

A few of our customers are already on the cloud, and others are migrating. We have deployed on both models.

With my experience, I would definitely recommend it. This is the only tool we have used recently.

Hybrid Cloud