Tenable Nessus Review

Scalable with good VPR scores and great plug-in text information

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for vulnerability management. We also use it during our IP scans.

What is most valuable?

The VPR scores are the solution's most valuable aspects.

The plug-in text information is quite useful.

The solution can scale well.

We've found the solution to be quite stable.

What needs improvement?

It wasn't very clear how the scripts are running the scans. There's information about the script but it's not straightforward. The script information for each of the plugins should be available, but it doesn't give us straightforward direct information about how it was executed. That needs to be more clear.

We find that the solution causes several issues due to the fact that it runs even before it calculates, the asset in prevention.

I can't think of any features that are lacking.

I've been using the solution for one to two years at this point.

It's stable. I don't have any major complaints. It doesn't have bugs. It isn't affected by glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze on us. It's reliable.

We have about 100 direct users who are logging onto the solution on a daily basis.

We don't plan on increasing usage at this time.

We have been able to scale it in the past, however, and a company that needs to expand it should not face too many issues doing so.

We've worked with technical support in the past, and we've found them to be quite efficient. They are knowledgable and responsive.

We previously used McAfee and switched over completely at the end of May.

We had some help with the initial setup. We were able to use our vendor's expertise and have them walk us through any issues we had.

However, we completely handle the maintenance now that is it up and running. We have admins who deal with any upkeep.

The vendor assisted us in the initial implementation.

I don't have any information when it comes to the cost of the solution. It's not part of my job to deal with billing or payments, so I don't have any visibility on the cost structure.

What other advice do I have?

We are simply customers. We don't have a business relationship with Tenable.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I would definitely recommend this solution. It's the best that I've used so far.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at an eight overall.

Hybrid Cloud