Tenable Nessus Review

Good vulnerability management and easy to set up but needs more integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for vulnerability management.

When it comes to servers and scanners, or servers and endpoints, you can discover the vulnerabilities that might be on the other end. You can see, for example, if
you have a gap in vulnerabilities in specific servers or specific endpoints, and you if have to close the. You can really see the risks that might be encountered within your environment.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at vulnerability management. It gives you great visibility of visibilities.

The solution is stable.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

We'd like to see more integration potential within the solution.

They tend to do a new release every quarter, and will ultimately continue to add more features.

We've been using the solution for two months. We've been looking into it over that time.

The solution is pretty stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. Its performance is very reliable.

I can't speak to the scalability. We have never tried to scale the solution.

I'm the only person in my organization that uses the solution. I don't have plans to increase usage at this time.

I can't speak of technical support's knowledgeability or helpfulness. I haven't used them before and therefore couldn't really evaluate them very well.

The solution is very straightforward and pretty simple. There isn't too much complexity or difficulty involved. A company shouldn't have any issues with the initial setup.

I handled the installation myself. I didn't need the assistance of a consultant or integrator.

We pay a yearly licensing fee.

I can't speak to the exact pricing. It's not an aspect of the solution I directly deal with.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It's pretty great at vulnerability management, however, there are always ways to improve it.

I'd recommend the solution to other users.

More Tenable Nessus reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Tenable Nessus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.