Tenable Nessus Review

An affordable product that needs to improve the reporting function

What is our primary use case?

Primarily, I use this for assessment and administration testing.

What is most valuable?

I find the features that are most valuable are the policies that help us identify the vulnerabilities. These policies are then used for scanning and identifying instabilities.

What needs improvement?

The reporting functionality needs improvement. I think it would be beneficial to have a high level explanation for a particular user.

Three to five years.

It is very stable, based on our past experience. We have had some false positives in the past, which we hope can improve in the future.

The scalability is fine. It is tied to the licensing agreement. We currently have 20 people using this tool in our organization. It is primarily used by people in our cellular team. If we see a need to add more users in the future, we will renegotiate our licensing agreement to do so.

We have not needed to contact tech support much. We contacted them about the false positives, and they were helpful.

We also evaluated Netplus.

The installation is very straightforward and easy. We did not use a third-party installer.

I think the price is fairly affordable. It provides a license that is fair.