Tenable Nessus Review

The comprehensive coverage offered has been the most remarkable

What is our primary use case?

Nessus was used to scan vulnerabilities and compliances in our clients' networks and with this, carry out the remediation process through constant cycles in time until threats to the network are considerably reduced. The environments are small business networks (less than 50 employees), and so far there have been no major impediments in the scans performed.

How has it helped my organization?

Nessus has greatly improved the security of our clients' networks. The comfortable management of their systems makes it easier for engineers to use the codes for each vulnerability or compliance. Deploying the server to launch the scans is very easy, and only the necessary prerequisites for scanning should be fulfilled. Nessus has been very valuable to the company.

What is most valuable?

The comprehensive coverage offered by Nessus has been the most remarkable; it really does everything that has been asked of the software.

It's great, the possibility of automating implementations and really your database is immense for all the compliances and vulnerabilities.

Tenable University is great and allows to train all the personnel in charge of making the scans in an optimal and effective way.

What needs improvement?

• I think that the next versions could improve the graphical interface to make more intuitive the management of the reports.
  • Additionally, it could include better features in the vulnerability scan at the language level.

Nessus is very stable and really works in diverse environments without any difficulty. The most important thing is to establish the necessary requirements.

Scalability of this type of software does not seem so relevant.

The Tenable support is very good and has really solved in a timely manner the problems that have occurred in the various projects.

In the company, Qualys was used, and it was not possible to manage the projects with this tool.

Quite simple and comfortable.

Internal team.

Phenomenal.

The costs are not high, considering all the support and service offered by Tenable.

What other advice do I have?

Scans using agents are very useful, and taking advantage of them is the best way to take advantage of the tool.