Tenable Nessus Review

Great scanning capabilities for servers, but limited when it comes to networks

What is our primary use case?

As new upgrades to the software come out periodically, I am currently using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

I feel comfortable with the solution's vulnerability scanning capabilities.

What needs improvement?

While the solution is great for scanning servers, its features are limited when it comes to scanning network devices for vulnerabilities.

I have been using Tenable Nessus since 2015.

I can say that I am satisfied with Tenable Nessus' support and customer relations, which is why I'm still with the solution.

Technical support is very user-friendly. Upon entering their forum I can easily find the answers I seek, which I feel to be understandable and helpful. I have not any issues with the software that would have given me reason to engage technical support.

I did not use an alternate solution prior to Tenable Nessus and have been using it since the inception of my career in information security.

The installation of the solution was extremely easy.

There was no need for me to involve my system administrator in the installation process, as I was able to handle it on my own. It is easy to install the solution on any server.

The price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I am actually using the solution in three or four different organizations, including Engro and Martin Dow.

There are two or three people using the solution in my organization on an ongoing basis in key dedicated positions.

As Tenable Nessus lacks adequate network vulnerability scanning features, I rate it as a seven out of ten.

More Tenable Nessus reviews from users
...who compared it with Qualys VM
Learn what your peers think about Tenable Nessus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.