Tenable SC Review

Easy to install, very customizable with a lot of templates available; great technical support

What is our primary use case?

I'm a pre-sales engineer and we are resellers of Tenable.

What is most valuable?

This solution is very customizable compared to everything else I've seen on the market, so you can easily customize it to suit your needs. There are a lot of templates you can use and you can install it pretty quickly so in one hour you can have your scanner up and running.

What needs improvement?

I think the company should redo their web page because the way things are now there are a lot of things you can't do. For example, if you want to filter something on the solution and have it filter down to all of your widgets, you can't do it, you have to go from one widget to the other. It takes some time if you have a big customer dashboard that's using some data. I think that the integration with a solution like Jira could be a little bit better for when you create tickets based on your vulnerability.

I know they are working on additional features related to the integration with the patch management like Qualys has, which is really amazing. This is the future and I know they're working on it.

I've been using this solution for the past six or seven years.

Usually the solution is stable but it can be a little bit tricky which I think depends on the kind of BME and the sizing used. I'd say it was 80%, 85% stable.

The solution is very scalable, it's one of the most scalable solutions that I've used so far, compared to Rapid7 and Qualys, it's very scalable. You can use it pretty much with anything, even if you start with 1000 IPs and scale up from 1000 to 10,000.

Technical support is very efficient and they escalate the tickets when you have a big issue. When you open a ticket, they respond within the hour and they're pretty quick to find the issue. If you have a bigger issue, you can set up a Zoom call with them and that's very helpful.

I've used Rapid7 in the past and I've also used Qualys a little as well. I work with customers, so I go with whatever they want to use.

The initial setup is very straightforward and quick.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend the solution but I would tell people that it requires dedicated staff. You need to have someone looking at what's going on when you scan and you need somebody to go through all the results, otherwise it just sits there.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Tenable SC reviews from users