Tenable SecurityCenter Review

Provides clear and precise vulnerability details with few false positives compared to other solutions

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution to perform vulnerability assessments and then patch my systems using third-party tools.

The vulnerability scan is pretty fast and once you give it the right access privileges on the target system, you get very clear and precise details of the vulnerabilities.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has a much lower rate of false positives compared to competing products.

It can operate in hybrid mode, too. The greatest strength of the product comes up when the agent is deployed on the endpoint to be scanned. Thereafter, even if the agent is out of the office network, it can still be scanned and will also send back data to the parent console.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard and the templates used to delvelop reports are awesome.

It is easy to run, scan, and categorize an asset as and when needed. The same asset can be present in two or more groups based on the identification.

This solution can now be deployed in cloud setups.

This solution provides a good reporting system and with a reasonably good level of third-party integration. McAfee has leveraged this capability beautifully in its Policy Orchestrator.

What needs improvement?

We need to give more customer demos and also highlight the strengths of the product that have been developed over a twenty-year period.

The vulnerability scan does not work correctly until the access privileges are set by the system administrator.

I have been using this solution for a few years.

This system is stable under normal configurational mode. It is important to understand how many hosts it will handle and size the system accordingly.

This is a very highly scalable system.

I have not contacted technical support so far, as there was no issue to escalate.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

I have worked on a few demos and they have been pretty straightforward to setup.

I perform the deployment of this solution.

Yet to be calculated.

Costing is pretty reasonable compared to the competition.

We evaluated Rapid7 and Qualys before choosing this solution.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I work for a software dealership and we have had good responses from customers on the product and its capabilities