Teradata Cloud Data Warehouse Review

Easy to run queries, but very large datasets cause problems and technical support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Teradata is reporting. I am a business analyst and I use this solution to first analyze my data and then visualize it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of running queries.

Automation is very important to us.

What needs improvement?

To run our reports I have to upload data from past tables and it is always a problem, so there is a lot of room for improvement there. It just struggles when I have to load data and I would like to see better file processing power.

I have seen instability in automation when working with very large datasets.

Technical support needs improvement.

I was been using Teradata Cloud Data Warehouse for three years.

Stability-wise, we have had some issues with automation and the ability to handle large datasets.

We have approximately 800 people using this solution. We are not planning to increase usage at this time. In fact, we may be shifting to a different storage or different data warehouse.

I have contacted Teradata technical support lots of times. I would rate them a two out of five. They do not solve the problem, most of the time.

This solution was set up by our technical person.

We evaluated Microsoft SQL Server as a trial version and we thought that we preferred Teradata.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is first to look into the availability of customer support and make sure that it can be done. Teradata customer support in India is very bad. This is my main complaint.

Fixing the problems that I have mentioned would make this a great tool.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Private Cloud