Teradata IntelliFlex Review

User-friendly and has good parallel processing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to store data.

What is most valuable?

The solution is the Rolls-Royce of data warehousing. Because of the way it's been developed, and the parallel processing, there's no other system in the world that can touch it. I don't think it's there yet, but if you're using Tableau, it's much more user-friendly when you want to start reporting. On Teradata, I think there are some improvements that need to be done because you still have to be an expert to understand PDCR.

What needs improvement?

The reporting side wasn't very good in the past, but with the latest versions, it's getting better. Still, the friendliness of the PDC reporting and functionality needs to be improved.

I have 11 years of experience with Teradata.

The stability is incredible.

IntelliFlex is very scalable. In fact, scalability has improved 100 times by IntelliFlex, in my personal opinion. Many large scale companies in South Africa are using it.

Everything is in a controlled environment and you've got tools where you can log calls, and prioritize the issues. Everything is clearly defined from the start so there's minimal downtime. The Teradata system is so redundant that if something goes wrong, the client won't even pick up on it; the part can be replaced and the system won't even be offline because almost everything is swap-able.

There is also Teradata University, and a lot of tutorials you can do for training. It's all very professional.

I was in the SAP environment for many years and moved away from that to focus on Teradata.

Teradata is very professional when it comes to the way they handle installations. They work according to a trans-control process, so every installation that has been done or installed by Teradata is pre-approved by technical experts.

Once the product is pre-approved, we will install it according to a trans-control process, and anything that we do regardless of the system is being recorded by the lease management. Going forward, everybody knows what exactly is happening on the system, including what the latest releases of any firmware on the system are. It's a controlled environment.

We used a consultant for implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises version of the solution.

I would recommend Teradata IntelliFlex. There's not a better solution on the market. It's one of the best data warehouses you can find.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.