Teradata IntelliFlex Review

Faster and more resilient with zero downtime in the twenty years we've used it

What is our primary use case?

We currently use the on-prem model of this solution. Our primary use case of this solution is as an enterprise tech warehouse for business intelligence across different domains.

How has it helped my organization?

We've been using Teradata for close to twenty years and this version is a lot faster and more improved than the previous version that we used. It gives us more. It gives us the ability to be more resilient. It has fallback on default. We always have a copy of the copied data. There's more resilience and from a banking perspective, that is a good thing.

What is most valuable?

Having continual fallback is good for security. We use the standard TTU utilities. That's what we use with all the different versions. It's faster and more resilient.

What needs improvement?

They should add more connectors to different platforms.

It could use a more powerful CPU and a faster IO.

I have been using this solution for the last twenty years. We upgraded to the version we are currently using in December.

It is very stable. It's 100% uptime. Speed and resilience are one of the greatest features of this product. In almost twenty years we've never had downtime, except for outages for patches and upgrades. We've never had a system failure in twenty years.

Its scalability is first class. We can easily add more nodes to it. We have around three to four thousand users.

We have 100 people maintaining different applications. We don't currently have major plans to increase usage.

Their technical support is excellent. If you have a P1 you call within the hour.

The initial setup was straightforward. We didn't have any problems installing the new platform. The deployment took six months.

We implemented it ourselves.

We didn't evaluate other options because we've been using Teradata for 20 years. We update versions.

What other advice do I have?

It's an excellent product. It's tried and tested with large organizations. The on-prem product is very powerful. Teradata has a cloud option. Both are good options. It depends on what your organizational plans are.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.