Teradata Review

A great solution for business analytics, cloud products, and consulting

What is our primary use case?

We resell Teradata, but not in the cloud.

Currently, our experience with Teradata in the cloud is theoretical as we haven't started selling it to our customers yet; however, a few of our customers are interested in migrating to a cloud-based solution.

Our clients use Teradata to consolidate corporate data to provide reports. These reports are required every day — it's more like described analytics.

What is most valuable?

Our customers are very happy with the configuration. It's a pre-configured appliance that requires very little in terms of setting-up.

What needs improvement?

It could use some more advanced analytics relating to structured and semi-structured data. In other words, there should be a process that makes advanced analytics easier.

The integration capabilities could be improved.

They should improve their marketing to make it easier to sell to customers.

I have been using Teradata for roughly five years.

Stability-wise, I don't recall any of our customers having a problem with Teradata. They have never mentioned any issues relating to bugs or glitches.

There are a few options that are very interesting related to the cloud. You can go into the same environment and add more nodes throughout it. As I mentioned, we don't have much experience with Teradata on the cloud, but I think it's the way of the future.

Their technical support is great. On a scale from one to ten, I would give them a rating of ten.

The initial setup is very easy.

Deployment takes a couple of weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Teradata to other interested companies. It's really easy to use thanks to the simple configuration.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Teradata a rating of ten.

More Teradata reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Teradata, Oracle, Micro Focus and others in Data Warehouse. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.