Teradata Review
This solution has proven technology with significant advantages in some key areas, and greater depth and experience in providing industry knowledge and solutions.

What is most valuable?

1. "Parallel Everything” design and smart Teradata Optimizer enables fast query execution across platforms.
  2. Fully parallel MPP “shared nothing” architecture scales linearly across data, users, and applications, providing consistent and predictable performance and growth.
  3. In-database data mining, virtual OLAP/cubes, geospatial and temporal analytics, custom and embedded services in an extensible open parallel framework, drive efficient and differentiated business insight.
  4. Workload management options by user, application, time of day, and CPU exceptions.
  5. Teradata Columnar/Teradata Temporal.
  6. Compress on cold and intelligent multi-temperature data management.
  7. Enhanced security.
  8. Customer driven innovation in application migration and temporal.
  9. Intelligent Scan Elimination.

How has it helped my organization?

Teradata solutions help organizations reduce IT, operations, and maintenance costs; enhance on-time delivery of products and services.

Teradata has proven technology with significant advantages in some key areas, and greater depth and experience in providing industry knowledge and solutions.

What needs improvement?

There is some improvement required on OLTP level and some analytical function is missing.

I've used it for almost five years.

Did not encounter any issues during deployment.

No stability issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

They deliver the products to customers faster and with greater accuracy, i.e. within the agreed-upon due date .

Teradata already had a excellent customer satisfaction and the rating would be eight out of 10.

No other solution used.

Teradata setup is straightforward and simple.

The implementation done mainly with the in-house teams and also some support of vendor team.

100%.

Teradata is easy-to-use for data warehouse and BI application. It's extremely fast and also advanced analytics work can be done in a very flexible manner.

We also looked at Oracle Exadata.

What other advice do I have?

Teradata provides the analytical performance we need through its “parallel everything” design and industry leading optimizer to intelligently process all types of analytical and business intelligence queries.