Teradata Review

​Building a data warehouse with it has helped a lot of our downstream applications to more easily access information

What is our primary use case?

Building a single truth database (Enterprise Data Warehouse) where all the enterprise data is integrated at one place.

How has it helped my organization?

• Building a data warehouse with Teradata has definitely helped a lot of our downstream applications to more easily access information.
  • It has reduced a lot of reworking on maintaining indexes, partitions, etc. Due to its architecture, the focus has been shifted from not maintaining the database to how we can utilize the data/features.

What is most valuable?

Parallel processing features have helped to easily dump any size of data and retrieve data with great performance.

Features like TPump were helpful for real-time data loads compatible with almost all other APIs/tools in our enterprise.

Inbuilt architecture reduces admins' efforts.

What needs improvement?

• Cost
  • Scalability

It would help to make scaling easier with a reduced cost.

More than five years.

More Teradata reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Teradata, Microsoft, Oracle and others in Relational Databases. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.