Testdroid Review

What is most valuable?

It's good that Testdroid are providing more devices to end users so that one who doesn't have a device can use it on the cloud. It's helped me when I've been short of devices and want to test whether the application will work on a specific device or not.

How has it helped my organization?

Device fragmentation was good enough for me. This helped me at a critical time when there was no device available and my product manager needed the result as soon as possible. Due to this feature, it saved me time and money.

What needs improvement?

Some stages of its automation is not working correctly and I need to make changes in the code created by Testdroid. I have faced some problems in automation when recording scripts/test-cases.

I've used it for almost one year or more.

I've had no issues with deployment.

I faced one problem when I was recording the script using Testdroid Recorder where it allowed me only 30 steps, but in previous version it allowed unlimited test steps. The problem was eventually fixed later, thanks to Meirav Minitzer.

I've had no issues with scalability.

I guess 8.5 would be good enough for customer service. Meirav Minitzer help me so much and she is available when ever I ping her, and she helps me accordingly.

Previously, we were using Appthwack, but that required some dependency on a third party application. For example, if you don't have any automation scripts you can't use Appthwack for device fragmentation.

For me it was not difficult.

I did the implementation on my own, and no vendor team was included. Many companies have different ways to use the product, therefore I must say don't implement any product until you use the trial version.

The recorder is free. The enterprise price is $99 per device, with a minimum of 15 devices with a 12 month subscription, excluding hardware. In a 15 device set-up, you might need to add one USB hub and two MacMini's. Usually the MacMini is around $1500.

What other advice do I have?

The overall product is awesome for device fragmentation, but not for automation. They may have fixed that problem. Before implementing this product you should use the trial version, and if this product is at your level, then don't wait and implement it.