TestRail by Gurock Review

Awesome for automated testing and integrations with most used testing frameworks

What is most valuable?

Most valuable features are the ease of organizing test cases and a great API for sending results from automated test run results into the database.

How has it helped my organization?

We don't have to take care of test case results in time. They are automatically added into TestRail (TR) on a per case basis, so you have the test results history.

What needs improvement?

Only a few small ones. Reporting could be more flexible regarding repeating reports. You have to basically repeat the same report run, but then you have two reports. An old one and a new one. A 'refresh' option for reports would be very useful. This way you would have a report but just need to refresh its data when needed. Also, more flexibility in adding custom fields and their placing around the test case form would be beneficial. For example, sometimes I can't place a custom text (paragraph) field in the exact spot that I was planning. Again, nothing critical, just a few small improvements.

For about nine months now.

No issues with stability in the last nine months that I've been working with TR.

No issues with scalability so far.

I haven't used their tech support directly because all I needed was info that I was able to find in their knowledge database.

I used Zephyr, but didn't make the switch. My new company was already using TR when I joined it.

Not applicable. It was already set up when I joined.

Use TestRail Cloud (online TR hosted server) and don't worry about maintenance or scalability. It saves a lot of cash and time.

Yeah, Zephyr, Redmine, etc.

What other advice do I have?

It is great for manual testing. However, it is awesome for automated testing and integrations with most used testing frameworks.