TestRail by Gurock Review

A good testing solution that integrates well with JIRA and offers great reporting features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for testing. The testing team is writing the test cases and the test switch. They were running the test for every release or every sprint because we are working on JIRA. I use the reports for the run.

What is most valuable?

The reporting is the most valuable feature. I can easily manipulate the reports into the pie charts and statistics and so on. This is very useful. Also, the ability of the solution to easily link with JIRA is helpful. It's able to integrate with JIRA in depth.

The configuration of the software makes it very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

There are some features that I'm looking for, but I don't know if they already exist within the solution or not because I haven't had time to look further into it.

For example, if I'm interested in integration with some other automation framework, they don't have something like this, it would be ideal if they could add it.

I've encountered at some point, some difficulties on the administration side, but I don't remember exactly what they were.

Basically, I'm looking for more integration - especially with JIRA - and more automation.

I've been using the solution for four years.

The solution is very stable. We've never had any issues with it.

We've never needed any technical support, so I can't evaluate it.

I didn't do the implementation myself. It was already done when I arrived at the company. I just manage the users. I switch users and accounts when someone leaves the project or joins. Being a cloud version, however, I imagine it's fairly easy to configure.

After looking at other products, I'd say TestRail is pretty expensive. It's one of the reasons we're moving away from the solution.

I played a bit with DeskLink, but I've never really evaluated it.

What other advice do I have?

We were using the cloud deployment model.

I'd recommend the product. I'd rate it between eight and nine out of ten.