TFS Review

We used TFS to force some policies to control the project documentation and source controlling, but the admin tools need to be easier to use.

What is most valuable?

• Source Controlling
  • Application Development
  • Project Life Cycle

How has it helped my organization?

When we applied the CMMI standards in our SDLC we used TFS to force some policies to control the project documentation and source controlling, and to manage the relationship between concerned parties.

What needs improvement?

TFS administration tools need to be more controlled and easier to use.

I've used it for a total of seven years, and for the last three years, I have used it more as a TFS administrator not only as an end user.

No issues encountered.

Yes in 2007 we used a different source controlling tool and we faced a lot of issues and with no GUI we had to deal with it using commands which made our life even harder.

TFS, like most Microsoft products, is easy to install use. The initial setup is very easy, all you need to know is the basic configurations that need to be applied.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are golden partners of Microsoft in different areas like Portal and Collaboration, and we are currently targeting the golden partnership in Application Development