TFS Review

Because everything is stored in the cloud, I'm able to compare and restore my unfinished work with the shelving changes feature.

Valuable Features

The version control itself (version history, branching and merging), shelving change and build server.

Improvements to My Organization

With TFS online, now everything is in the cloud, it is tidy and easy to compare and restore, especially my unfinished work, where I use the shelving changes feature. It's very useful.

Room for Improvement

I can't see any major improvements for now. Maybe the comparing tool is too simple, but I'm using an alternative, so I have no problem at all.

Use of Solution

We've used it for five years, basically for source control. I used work items once for a very short time, so I can't consider it as "used".

I've not had to use it.

I had to use TFS because it was there in the companies where I worked, but I also used CVS and Git. I think that TFS is easier because it is already integrated with Visual Studio, if you are using Visual Studio.

I've never setup a TFS server.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

if TFS was completely free (not limited to five members for online), I would suggest using it, but the price for extra members is too expensive in my opinion and is worth it only if you are using Visual Studio, otherwise other solutions can do basically the same (talking only about source control).