TFS Review

Speeds Up The Build And Deployment Process

What is most valuable?

I especially like the Build and Release features since I mainly work in that area with customers.

How has it helped my organization?

It has sped up the build and deployment process. We can now deploy the same application version to each environment in a repeatable and automated fashion.

What needs improvement?

I think the testing tools need some work.

I have used TFS since 2015. I have used the latest version since it first came out.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

10 out of 10.

No, I have used this solution for 12 years now.

It was very easy to deploy the on-premise version of TFS. The wizard really helps facilitate the ease of the deployment. The web version is super easy to setup and it takes a little more than 10 minutes to be up and running.

I cannot advise as the costs and licensing vary by organization and the type of agreement that they have with Microsoft. I direct all those types of questions to Microsoft.

No other products were evaluated, but I have setup other solutions for customers.

What other advice do I have?

Don’t wait too long. If you can use the cloud version, it has so much less overhead and you also stay up-to-date on features.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: DevOps Gold Partner with Microsoft.
More TFS reviews from users